Robin's Ride For Women, Overcoming the Fear of Life and Helmet Hair

Please Help.Pledge now. Even $1 counts for New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity's Women Build Program and Grounds for Health. I rode my motorcycle alone across 44 states and parts of Canada through 20,226 incredible miles in 4-months 4-days. My site: www.robinsrideforwomen.com This trip is about following your dreams. SEE A VIDEO ABOUT MY RIDE on www.womenridersnow.com streaming video: http://www.womenridersnow.com//PublicFiles/DepartmentViewer.asp?DepartmentID=44

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Riding the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Skyline Drive, and visiting Throttle


Want to see my Bear Butt? :-)

He was pretty close and he kept stopping and turning around and looking at me like "I dare you to come over here". I filmed for a while until I decided I better get a picture of him before he hit the woods. So this is the shot I have to share - and I think in this case it's his best side!





This is from left to right: Me, Spinner, Fox and Throttle. I stayed at Throttle's house in Virginia and she arranged for me to go be on this radio show, Classic Rock 101.5in Chambersburg, PA - which was a blast! Spinner and Fox made me feel right at home. Spinner's show is on from the wee hours of the morning until after Throttle and I left at around 11am. Spinner talked to me on air many times over several hours and helped me explain what I am doing in hopes of raising some pledges. Throttle had been on the show before for her book "The Biker Babe's Bible; A guide to Being a Good Ole Lady". She signed and gave me a copy which I read today and it had lots of interesting and helpful information for anyone who rides. She will be coming out with a couple new books and I can't wait for the recipe book after seeing the dishes she has in the back of this one. This book relates to how a woman (ole lady) should know her place (don't scream - it's ok) in the biker world - the MC club world. I swear that if I changed a few terms, it would relate to how a woman is expected to act in the corporate world - supporting her man on the way up the ladder. This is a peak into the world of the one percenters (see her book at www.bikerbabesbible.com) and I can only tell you that Throttle, Tex, and Papa Smurf were great hosts! She makes a mean Margaritta! Throttle rode with me on the way to Baltimore - to show me the back roads - and we had a blast. This lady can ride and has had her own bike since she was 11! I took some film of us riding (don't ask) and it's great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home