Robin's Ride For Women, Overcoming the Fear of Life and Helmet Hair

Please Help.Pledge now. Even $1 counts for New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity's Women Build Program and Grounds for Health. I rode my motorcycle alone across 44 states and parts of Canada through 20,226 incredible miles in 4-months 4-days. My site: www.robinsrideforwomen.com This trip is about following your dreams. SEE A VIDEO ABOUT MY RIDE on www.womenridersnow.com streaming video: http://www.womenridersnow.com//PublicFiles/DepartmentViewer.asp?DepartmentID=44

Thursday, June 22, 2006

What a Day - Hail - Ouch!

Boy today was some rough riding. I left the Denver area and the weather was great, not to hot, not too cold and I thought I had it made. Last night I saw the most incredible lightning show, which was great because I was safe in my room. Today when I saw the lightening I thought about the guy they said got hit by lightening yesterday, killing him and putting a 4' hole in the road! Hummmmmm, helmet, metal bike, lightening, rain, hail...did slow me down a little.

My gloves were soaked and weighed about 5lbs each so I stopped at a gas station and bought a pair of those classy black rubber working gloves and then a pair of the soft brown fabric working gloves to wear inside to keep warm. The only problem with the rubber gloves is that they tend to stick to the handgrips. Could be a problem don't you think?

So now I'm warm and safe in a room for the night. The adventure continues tomorrow :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

I so envy you!!! Meeting people and having all this experience to share... thanks Robin!!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home