Robin's Ride For Women, Overcoming the Fear of Life and Helmet Hair

Please Help.Pledge now. Even $1 counts for New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity's Women Build Program and Grounds for Health. I rode my motorcycle alone across 44 states and parts of Canada through 20,226 incredible miles in 4-months 4-days. My site: www.robinsrideforwomen.com This trip is about following your dreams. SEE A VIDEO ABOUT MY RIDE on www.womenridersnow.com streaming video: http://www.womenridersnow.com//PublicFiles/DepartmentViewer.asp?DepartmentID=44

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Way to Go Kim and Thanks Smokey! No pictures yet :-(

Of course you did it Kim - you got back on that horse and rode like the wind! Ok - so maybe not like the wind - but you did it! (Kim had a bad accident and just got back on her bike) I knew you could do it :-)

Hi Kiddo - that is what I call my soon to be 35 year old son. Hey - they are always your babies. Glad you checked into the Blog - pretty cool about my friends and your dad huh. Hugs! And give Little Guy, Little Girl and Lucky big hugs from me too (my cats).

And Smokey - you are a very generous and kind person! I would have been looking for a room for hours and would definitely have ridden too long.

I met Smokey at a Popeye’s Chicken place - nothing but the best on the road :-) He saw my motorcycle and also my gear (kind of stand out) and asked me where I was riding. Well - that was the million-dollar question. The poor guy had to hear all about Robin's Ride. He took out his laptop and started looking for a good route with hotels for me. It was getting late in the evening and I wasn't sure how far to go, or where to find a room. He happened to be going to a town about 50 miles down the road, and called to see if they had another room. They did - he showed me the way - and I am cozy in my room. He was also so generous he paid for the room, which is more money that doesn't have to come out of the ride fund for the charities! YeeHaw. Still weird to take things from people, but I'll do it - yes I will - because it's has to be done.

Oh -I was interviewed by the CBS affiliate in Little Rock, Arkansas. It was on their 10pm news and is supposed to be on their site, but I can't find it yet. www.todaysthv.com Let them know if you can't find it either.

Something seems to be wrong with the bike - not enough to stop it - but I hope it makes it to New Orleans where I have people waiting for me.

It's been a while since I have been in the south. I graduated from the University of Tennessee Knoxville when my Ex and I lived near Oak Ridge, TN from 1982-1988. It's like all of those gothic romance novel covers - very sultry and sweet smelling - but kind of like a sauna outside. I remember I was so excited to see fireflies! But all of that's another story...:-)

1 Comments:

Blogger BroomJockey said...

Hey Robin, I'm a brand new rider this year at 41 years young. I rode dirt bikes as a kid but didn't have my own road bike until this year when I bought a 97 Shadow for myself for Christmas. I listened to 40 years of "it's too dangerous for a girl". Riding is everything that I had known that it would be except for the ignorance and rudeness of people in 4 wheel vehicles. Of course, I drive a full size pickup with invisible paint(people can't seem to see me in this vehicle either) so I shouldn't be surprised. But I wanted to let you know that I'm following your trip and am admiring your travels. Please let me know if you are coming to the Rochester, NY area and we'll ride together. And if you need a place to stay and a home cooked meal, I have just the place. I'm past the fear of the bike and I can live with the helmet hair but now I'm going to get past the fear of riding one of my horses for the first time. He's my next quest. You only live once and I'm planning on it. Ride safe and I'll try and drum up some pledges around here. Cindy

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home