Robin's Ride For Women, Overcoming the Fear of Life and Helmet Hair

Please Help.Pledge now. Even $1 counts for New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity's Women Build Program and Grounds for Health. I rode my motorcycle alone across 44 states and parts of Canada through 20,226 incredible miles in 4-months 4-days. My site: www.robinsrideforwomen.com This trip is about following your dreams. SEE A VIDEO ABOUT MY RIDE on www.womenridersnow.com streaming video: http://www.womenridersnow.com//PublicFiles/DepartmentViewer.asp?DepartmentID=44

Friday, July 07, 2006

Healing the Heart and New Friends!

Hi Tara, KT did, Jennifer, Petra, Kim, Gar, Race, RJ, Harley Girl, Tara...all who check in on me. I started this ride to heal my heart form my parents (mostly my mom's death) and to help someone on the way. Thanks to you who have written and those I have met - I am on the way to figuring out what this great adventure is really going to mean to me and to others who watch me. I am not afraid of this ride - I am learing a lot about myself and others as I go along. I am forever grateful for those of you who have written me and find what I am doing of use. I am afraid sometimes that I will fall short of helping the charities and people I hoped to help, but I will keep making noise and hoping I can make a difference. I wish all of you out there could do something like this ride - something that has meaning for you - to help get your life on the road it is meant to follow.
I stopped at a very cool bed and breakfast in Georgia last night, and as it happens, the women who owns it had done something like I am doing before women were really excepted as "riders". She had great courage and got on her bike and went out across this country when women were not doing anything close to this. She worked and did things I don't have to do as I travel this land. She had to find ferself and she did. I spent this morning having breakfast (home made form their own grist mill) crying as I tried to eat. The setting was incredible - water fall outside of screened in porch, flowers like an English country setting, people I met who included me in their games of dominoes - all in all a really intuitive experience. I wish I could have spent a couple of more days sharing and learning from this lady. She has gone above what I am doing, and she welcomed me into her (their) home knowing that I was on a quest like she did so many years ago. What I hope from all of this is that a few more people will strike out how ever they see fit and find out what their life means to them and to the world as they can effect it.
Sorry to be so deep, but this trip is much more of a journey into self and others than I thought it would be. And I am so excited when someone like Jennifer writes and says that anything I have done caused her to fight her fears and follow a dream. We are here for a short time and I think we should make every minute count - and count for what we do and not what someone says we will be forgiven for doing or should do - or were forced to do because of someone else - but to take responsibility every day for what we do and who and what we effect by what we do... it's really up to us. Even if you are a very devout religious person - you are responsible to do the right thing with the information you are given at all times - no excuses .
I have seen a movie that spoke to me - and it's a very bizarre movie for most I'm sure - but if you get a chance to open your mind and experience something different try watching "What the Bleep do We Know". A friend had me watch this movie - and being interested in science as I am - the movie spoke to me. Hope I don't lose some of you on this but always keep an open mind.
The lady who checked me into a room in Oak Ridge, Tennessee tonight (with a discount due to what I am doing) said that God was watching me because of what I am doing - I don't know about God - but I do know that you are watching me and I want to do right by you.
Ok - going to go to bed and shut up now. Hope to hear from all of you about what makes you strive for more. You know what I am doing.
Hey - I rode the Tail of the Dragon today (you can find it online) :-) People kept saying things that should have scared me away - but I knew if I was sensible I would be ok - and I was :-)
resting and reaching out in Oak Ridge Tennessee.
You all mean so much to me - Thanks - and Happy Birthday Race (my baby boy) and thank you Gar (my EX) for being there with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home