Robin's Ride For Women, Overcoming the Fear of Life and Helmet Hair

Please Help.Pledge now. Even $1 counts for New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity's Women Build Program and Grounds for Health. I rode my motorcycle alone across 44 states and parts of Canada through 20,226 incredible miles in 4-months 4-days. My site: www.robinsrideforwomen.com This trip is about following your dreams. SEE A VIDEO ABOUT MY RIDE on www.womenridersnow.com streaming video: http://www.womenridersnow.com//PublicFiles/DepartmentViewer.asp?DepartmentID=44

Friday, August 18, 2006

Over 10,000 Miles! WooHoo

Hi from Toronto and my friends Maryann and Joe's computer. I have reached the 10,000 mark and now I'm on the way back home so to speak. I still have a long way to go, but I'm excited, happy and proud that I have made it this far and have proved that I WILL do the 20,000.

It's been hard not being able to get phone and computer reception because I want to keep all of you updated and not have you get bored waiting for me. It will be much more regular when I hit the states again this weekend.

My bike broke down again just outside of Toronto on Tuesday night. Seems it was the same thing that happened outside of Lexington, Kentucky and there was a sensor that had to be replaced. That was quite the task since the service department called all over Canada and couldn't find the part - which would be a 2 week waite if it was ordered from Harley. So I called my guys at Harley-Davidson of Seattle (thanks Rick) and asked if they had one or could find one. They didn't have one and searched the states to find one in CA. They were willing to do what ever it took to get it to me ASAP. Meanwhile back at JACOX Harley of Mississisauga (interesting name), the guys looked through their books and parts and decided they could use the part from a different year. This worried me, but it turns out the part worked just fine! They did tons of work and didn't even charge me!!!

After all of that, I got on my bike yesterday evening to bring it back to Maryann's and part way down the freeway I realized I didn't have a windshield. I know - how do you not know you don't have a windshield... I got on and it felt different but it just didn't register until I was getting hit with all the road wind and I noticed none of the trees or grass was moving but I was still getting pelted. It seems the windshield blew off when the tow truck driver was taking it to the dealer. I had to shell out some substantial money for a new one, and the worst part is that I had my logo etched on the one I lost. I don't know how I'll get that done again - and at the price I paid at the AMA women's conference. But hey - if that's the worst of my problems I'm doing all right!

So I'm still out here riding hard and talking to people. Time to stop talking and start asking for the contributions/sponsorships. There are people who need help and I'm out here to get it. I'm the conduit to get the money to the people who need it. So if you thought I was making some noise before - watch my dust :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home