Robin's Ride For Women, Overcoming the Fear of Life and Helmet Hair

Please Help.Pledge now. Even $1 counts for New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity's Women Build Program and Grounds for Health. I rode my motorcycle alone across 44 states and parts of Canada through 20,226 incredible miles in 4-months 4-days. My site: www.robinsrideforwomen.com This trip is about following your dreams. SEE A VIDEO ABOUT MY RIDE on www.womenridersnow.com streaming video: http://www.womenridersnow.com//PublicFiles/DepartmentViewer.asp?DepartmentID=44

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Looking at a 500 mile day

Since I've left New Orleans about a week and a half ago, I've gone on a great day ride with a crew from New Orleans that I met up with in Lafayette (I cried when they left because I don't know when I'll see them again),

I've eaten grilled dove breasts and have been dove hunting near Alexandria, LA (no I didn't shoot anything) but look at the lady hunter - a friend of mine from college that I hadn't seen since 1988. See the gun?









I've stood in a full-bloom cotton field and I've seen a two headed turtle! (trying to get blogger to upload those images up for you but it's being a pain)



I've been on TV and had a great visit at Renegade Harley Davidson in Alexandria, I've been at a coffee trade show called the Fresh Cup RoadShow in Dallas and so today I'll set off on a 500 mile ride. I think I need something to do don't you?

I only have until October 14th to finish a about 6,800 miles. If you look at my map, when you finish cracking up at the route I've taken, I hae to say you ain't seen nothing yet. Everyone asks if I have a planned route. Well yes I had somewhat of a planned route, but plans change according to where I need to be at certain times. I thought I would be going across the southwest right now, but I am heading back up north before I do that. And as you know if you have been watching, I don't post where I am going, only where I've been. I just think it's a good idea due to the way I am traveling. So in a couple of days you will find out the location of today's 500 mile ride. I've done a couple of days that were close to 600 so I'm not too worried except that I seem to have done something to my hip last evening and it hurts a lot so I wonder how sitting on the bike all day will work.

Check out my support list page and see the new sponsors, there may be something you need. The list will be steadily growing now that I have proven that I am really doing this ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home