Robin's Ride For Women, Overcoming the Fear of Life and Helmet Hair

Please Help.Pledge now. Even $1 counts for New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity's Women Build Program and Grounds for Health. I rode my motorcycle alone across 44 states and parts of Canada through 20,226 incredible miles in 4-months 4-days. My site: www.robinsrideforwomen.com This trip is about following your dreams. SEE A VIDEO ABOUT MY RIDE on www.womenridersnow.com streaming video: http://www.womenridersnow.com//PublicFiles/DepartmentViewer.asp?DepartmentID=44

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Day 1 - KOMO TV ABC ch4 filmed and keeps showing!

WooHoo - Day 1 and it was great! The morning started frenzied with final packing and getting to send off at Harley-Davidson or Seattle in Lynnwood, WA (guys - you did a great job!).



First stop was at a little log restaurant and motel called The Squirrel at Coals Corner, just west of Leavenworth, WA. I ran in and saw that they had a TV and RJ and I were trying to find a place by 5pm to see my broadcast on KOMO TV ch 4 ABC (wonder if it goes across the country?). They turned the channel and there I was!!! What a kick. Everyone there, including the guys from the kitchen came out and watched. And everyone bought my Robin's Ride pin!! My first pin! My first stop! My first TV news broadcast! My first new friends on the road: Kerry, Kent, Roger, Debbie, Walt, Mars, Tim, Dave, Travis, Crystal and Dale who will be married next weekend - congratulations!, Lacey who bought pins for herself and three to take home to her daughters Sydney, Morgan and Kady!!!! Thanks guys - you were the best.

Next on to Wenatchee to spend the night, and as I got off my bike I met a lady named Diedra - I hope I spelled that right - and she is actively involved in rescuing golden retriever. Her dog could be related to the one my friend Lynn rescued from a horrible puppy factory a few years ago. She is going to help raise some sponsorship dollars! Thank you Diedra!!!

First bike trauma, I almost lost my saddlebag. It was hanging on by a thread when we stopped. Lucky it didn't fall off. My boyfriend RJ was following me and it could have caused trouble for him. He will be with me through today and then go on back home. Then on I go!

People are really very kind and helpful. All you really have to do is talk to them and smile :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home