Robin's Ride For Women, Overcoming the Fear of Life and Helmet Hair

Please Help.Pledge now. Even $1 counts for New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity's Women Build Program and Grounds for Health. I rode my motorcycle alone across 44 states and parts of Canada through 20,226 incredible miles in 4-months 4-days. My site: www.robinsrideforwomen.com This trip is about following your dreams. SEE A VIDEO ABOUT MY RIDE on www.womenridersnow.com streaming video: http://www.womenridersnow.com//PublicFiles/DepartmentViewer.asp?DepartmentID=44

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Getting Pretty Excited and Getting Lots of Help!

I just have to tell you that I'm impressed with people offering help! Check out a great blog: http://www.ktdidshort.blogspot.com/ Kathy put a link and explanation of my ride on her blog page and I got a comment from it right away. Also, there is a great lady in Longview WA who is a member of ABATE, and who is contacting chapters all across the country to get me support. Her name if Kim and she is very funny as well as kind.

Hopefully Kim and some friends will come up to see me off at the HD of Seattle. And anyone within riding range of Lynnwood, WA - please come on down. There is a link on the HD Seattle site for directions: www.harley-davidsonofseattle.com and then go into my page there and the link is "here at the store".

There will be a women's clinic at 11am on safety checks and packing your bike for a long trip, and another one at 1pm that I am not sure of yet. And I apologize in advance if I get too emotional when I leave. My heart will be on my shoulder.

Keep those cards and letters coming :-) Oh, and I just have to tell all - you can't even imagine the excitement and gratitude when I receive a pledge. It amazes me that people who don't even know me are supporting this event. There's a lot of wonderful people out there and women sharing incredible stories. I thank you all - New Orleans thanks you and women who may have picked the beans in your coffee this morning thank you!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

Good Girl!!! Sounds like its all working for you! I have yet to pledge but promise I will in a day or two!
Also, what is your route? Are you coming to California? Hope so, would love to ride to meet up with you and ride a little ways! You ride safe!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home